Abnormal Loads Services
When Looking For Abnormal Loads Services Choose The Best Meridian Logistix
offers a specialized nationwide abnormal load handling and general freight forwarding service. The crusade of abnormal loads and heavy equipment is the foundation of Meridian Logistix
As heavy machinery and plant becomes more sophisticated the need to be able to blend the services of both heavy load movements and general standard trailer movements have taken Meridian Logistix
into the more general freight market.
Every out of gauge transportation requirement is unique and requires knowledge and attention to detail to ensure that the most secure and effective movement is provided to satisfy Meridian Logistix
Our Services Include | Abnormal Loads Services
Meridian Logistix experienced operators are available to provide help and advice for your domestic, international and worldwide heavy haulage requirements including the following:
- Intermodal transportation results
- Packing Services
- Crane hire and forklift
- Specialist installation services
- Route surveys
- Freight shipping and road haulage
- Customs services
- Security and bonded warehousing
We Have Serviced | Abnormal Loads Services
Such is the extent of our activities within the general freight market Meridian Logistix has now developed a significant presence in this market.
Meridian Logistix supports many major manufacturers and distributors throughout South-Africa and Africa with single and multiple trailer movements with equipment ranging through:
- Euro liners
- Low loader
- Flat trailers
- Swap bodies
- Container shipping
We Transport to | Abnormal Loads Services
As one of the leading logistics companies, we service the following areas:
A permit releasing a vehicle from compliance with normal load and measurement of regulations may call for one or more of the following warnings to be demonstrated, depending on the degree of abnormality.
- Flags (600 mm x 600 mm) to identify extremities
- Warning sign at the front and back (mobile cranes only need one at the rear) a minimum of 2 metres wide and 300 mm high with red retro-reflective letters on a white background. Stipulations are to be found in SANS 1328:2.
- Amber flashing light on top of the cab (mobile cranes need one at the front overhang and two at the rear).
- Marker lamps and reflectors to demarcate extremities
- Speed restriction board (400 mm diameter) at the rear above the warning board to be fitted whenever the
vehicle is limited to 60 km/h or less.
- Escort vehicles with amber flashing lights and warning signs fitted to the roof may also be called for. The signs must be removable or collapsible and must not obscure the lights.